Followers

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Spooktacular Fun for Fab Friday.....

Hello again: I finished this card a short while ago and I'm posting it, just in the nick of time to the FAB FRIDAY sketch challenge. Here is my card.
As soon as I saw the Spider Web Doilies from Stampin Up! I just couldn't wait to get my hands on them so, when the Holiday Catalog went live, I immediately placed this beauties in my order.
The Fab Friday sketch is just perfect for this doilies but I needed an image to kind of match the spider web theme I had going on. So I went to my Halloween stamp stash and found this cute little ghost named Hattie from Kraftin Kimmie, with her little spider friend flowing from  her hair and I knew I had found a match.
It took me a while to paper snip this ghostly gal after I colored her but it was worth it. I embossed the orange panel with an retired SU Spider Web embossing folder, the sentiment is from an old Flourishes Halloween stamp set and, to follow the sketch, I placed a confetti spider right by the doily that looks like it's getting ready to crawl down, (I bought a bag at the pharmacy with like a gazillion little spiders that probably will last me a life time).
So I hope you like this card, it was fun and entertaining to make and I think I'm getting better at paper sniping.  I colored this image with my SU markers in Elegant Egg Plant, a little Basic Black and Basic Gray, More Mustard and some neon green paint from my ceramic days. The ribbon is also from my bottomless drawer of this stuff.
Here is the sketch that inspired this card. I want to thank you for stopping by and for your comments. I hope you go take a looksee at the Fab Friday challenge blog to see the fabulous creations of the DT and join in the fun.
Till next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

12 comments:

Sonny said...

love those doilies !!!!! She is so cute and your snipping is great. I just snipped out 10 witches hats from the black glimmer paper !
This is a really cute Halloween card !

Unknown said...

What a great card ! The sketch is really interesting, I might go get a look ! I have ordered the doilies too :).I' m a guestdesigner at The Male Room the 14th of October , hope to see you there ? Hugs

Patti Willey said...

Now the thought of a gazillion little spiders in a bottomless drawer of stuff is making me gag a little! Lol! Love this card oh my gosh you've nailed this sketch! These Doilies are amazing! Your Kraftin' Kimmie girl is so cool, I love their flowing whispy dresses, your coloring on her face is perfect!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Yup!! those doilies are amazing, so glad they come already die cut, can you imagine paper snipping them? But this little ghostly girl was worth it.
Thank you my friend.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Anita, how exciting you got the guest designer spot at The Male Room, I will definitely go take a look, congratulations!!
This Fab Friday sketch is really awesome, I hope you give it a try.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! Patti, believe me, this drawer is pack full of ribbons, I don't seem to be making a dent in it!!! I really have to stop buying it.
I loved this sketch, as soon as I saw it, I immediately thought of this pretty doilies.

Marika said...

What a cool Halloween card! It sounds a fun celebration, we don't have it here in Finland but I enjoy seeing all the fun Halloween cards people make.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Marika, this celebration is on October 30th. and it's a day that children of all ages, including 64 year old grandmas, dress up in fun costumes and go door to door saying "Trick or Treat" and get candy. I love seeing the little ones all dressed up as Faeries or ghosts, Superman or doggies, etc. I dress up every year, this year I might dress up as a good witch, LOL!! so the little kids wont get scared.
Thanks again for visiting.

Brenda Myers said...

Very cool card!! Such a spooky girl, perfect for the spider web doily!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Cute! What a spooky little ghoul! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

That is a CUTE little ghost! She loves her spider web doily, lol... Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Lisa said...

How adorable can she be. I love her coloring. I don't think she would hurt a spider.