Followers

Friday, October 9, 2015

Silly Me for CASology #167.....

Hello Everyone: I have a card to share with you today for the CASology challenge this week. Their cue card is "SILLY" so, after really looking high and low for a silly looking image, I suddenly remember this super cute Stampin Up! set, sadly, sadly retired, called "Monstermaniacs", which has the silliest looking "monsters'' ever!! Here is my card.
This silly and not at all scary monster is one of 5 images, equally funny, that come in this set. I gave this little guy a very slimy green color and bright, purple hands, I put a pair of googly eyes and also, I adorned his antennae with two purple Rhine Stones.
Ain't he just soooo scary? He is even saying ''Boo'' to you!! Are you scared now?  I stamped this image onto Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and just used my Prismacolor pencils and paper stumps dipped in baby oil to color him, I put a bit of shadow with the back pencil and I did a score line under him, but it doesn't show very good on this photo. I tried to take another one but the batteries on my camera run out, I couldn't find not one single battery in the entire house, ughhh!! Guess where I'm going later.....
Anyway, I hope you like this card, I hope you find it silly and funny too.
Here is the Cue Card for CASology's ''SILLY'' challenge.
Thank you for stopping by, till next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

He is perfectly silly ! Love him ! Just made a card ready for you - hope it doesn`t take long to get to you :), hugs

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita, I love all the images on this set, I might make a couple of more cards for this challenge.

Patti Willey said...

Green and purple the perfect Monster Colors!

Sonny said...

He or she is too funny ! I love all the extras you added to make this cute creature more colorful !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Exactly!! this colors are truly Monster perfect.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love this set, it's been neglected for a while but, thanks to this challenge's silly theme, this cute images have another chance to shine, I think I will make a couple of more cards with them.

Brian King said...

Cute x 10

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Adorable! I remember when SU had the contest and had customers design these stamps. I always thought this set was a winner, and so glad it made it. I didn't buy it though....(sad face here). But only because I don't have any young ones to make a card for these days. They're all grown up. I love your take on this little guy

Mary Fish said...

Crazy about your monster. Love all the white!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank x 10 too, Brian, LOL!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my Bobbi, this is news to me, how fabulous that SU asked customers to design stamp sets, as soon as I saw this one, I grabbed it, I've used it many times for kids cards, my daughters have a lot of little nieces and nephews on their hubby's side of the family.
The other images are just as cute.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, believe it or not, I'm still getting used to all that white on my CAS cards.

Bonnie said...

I don't remember this set from SU, but it sure is cute! Love your silly monster and the sequins and googly eyes make me laugh!

Hannelie said...

Perfect amount of silliness Maria! Love this!
Thanks for joining CASology this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, I checked and this set came out in October of 2013, super cute. I got it because there are a lot of little kids on my youngest daughter's hubby's side of the family, the cards I've made with this "Monsters" are always a hit.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Hannelie, I think this is just about the silliest stamp set I have, so it was a no brainer using this cute ''Monster" for my card. I love playing along with CASology!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria!! Your monster is super cute and funny. Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.