Followers

Friday, March 4, 2016

CAS{E} this Sketch! #162.....

Hello everyone: I have a card to share with you today for the CAS{E} this Sketch! challenge with a really fabulous sketch by Sam, here is my card.


I combined 4 different stamp sets to create this card, I will share the pictures of them at the end of this post, just so you can see how they look like and maybe find them and enjoy them, they are unfortunately, retired.
The images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black in onto a piece of white card stock and colored with my Prismacolor pencils and paper stumps dipped in baby oil. I punched the butterfly with SU Elegant Butterfly punch. I added some Wink of Stella to it's wings and the flowers.
Here is a close up hoping you can see the shimmer.


The panel is die cut with an old die, unfortunately I'm not sure but I think it's a Flourishes die, please correct me if I'm wrong. The sentiment in front is heat embossed in white, I first stamped it in black ink but it didn't look nice at all, so luckily I hadn't remove the stamp from the MISTI so I just inked it up with Versamark and stamped it again, the MISTI made it perfect.
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


Here is the sketch that inspired this card.


And here are the stamp sets I used to create it, this first one is called Peaceful Petals and it's from the SU 2014 Occasions Mini.

This one is also a SU set called "Peace Within" and it's from the 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog.

This one is from Flourishes and it's called "Humming Along", I think it's from 2012.

This one, also from Flourishes is called "Country Charm Labels", don't know the year.
I give you the names and pictures of this stamp sets just in case you can find them out there, I've found several of my Flourishes and SU stamps on Ebay.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, until next time, hugs from Maria.




12 comments:

Brian King said...

Such a beautiful card, Maria. Your coloring is fantastic.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Brian, I really enjoyed pulling out all of this beautiful old and beloved sets, using the blending stumps with the pencils really add so much depth to the colors.

Mary Fish said...

Amazing how you mixed the four stamp sets!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I love it when I can combine my treasured stamp sets to make one card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Leigh, this sketch is so pretty.

Aileen said...

Maria, beautiful card, always love butterflies and flowers. So soft and pretty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, you can never go wrong with butterflies and flowers.

Sonny said...

Pretty colors ! The piercing adds an elegant detail ! Lovely !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks my friend, I do love the die with the piercing!

Patti Willey said...

Wow so many treasures in one great card! That stunning butterfly is incredible! Pretty coloring against this gorgeous white die cut Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I love it when I can combine several of my stamp set to make one card, it worked great here.