Followers

Monday, June 20, 2016

Bambino.....

Hello everyone: Well, I'm again, so darn late posting, I was desperately trying to find out where I got this digi image I'm using for this card and who I purchased it from, all I know is that I downloaded this image back in January 30th. of 2011 and, back then, when my printer was working, I printed it onto thick vellum and just saved it, waiting for a good reason to use it, just like with my little penguins I sketched on a piece of paper from one of my grandkids school books. But I guess I bought it because I just fell in love with it, plain and simple. Here is my card.


Isn't it just so beautiful?  I didn't do much to it in the form of color or embellishments, I knew I couldn't really achieve a perfect color for this baby so, taking the soft blue from the pattern paper, I just colored his little cap on the back of the image with SU Bashful Blue.
The rocking horse and the little safety pin are actually buttons I bought at my local craft store a long while ago, I just snipped the tab you use for sewing the buttons to the fabric and filed it down until it was flat, so I could add it to my card. The sentiment is from a retired SU stamp set called "Teddy and Train", all of this images are perfect for baby cards.
This is the picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set called "Hello Baby" and the little baby rattle from "Teddy and Train".
I'm linking this card to the IN{K}SPIRE_me challenge #254, I used the actual image in place of the diagonal strip and the rocking horse and safety pin as the embellishments. The sentiment is not a circle, it's punched with the retired SU "Modern Label" punch. 

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.
PS. If any of you recognize this baby image, I hope you'll tell me, I'm really curious as to where it came from.
Stamp sets I used.

Flourishes set.

SU set.

I appreciate your comments so much, I read them all and, even if I'm a little late, I always reply to them, thank you so much for your words.
Maria.




4 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Wow what an incredible darling baby boy card! Love the addition of the safety pin just perfect!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I just wish I knew where this sweet baby image came from, believe me, I looked but all I have is the download date when I got it. I should have been more careful with the things I was acquiring, saving the packages and writing down the companies they came from, my excuse I guess is that, back then, I never thought I was going to be blogging, LOL!! so I didn't think it was important. I regret it now, sheeesh!!

Mary Fish said...

Precious and the perfect little blue cap!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, this image is precious indeed and the great thing about it is that you can customize for either a girl or a boy just by softly coloring the cap, the baby needs nothing else to look adorable.