Followers

Saturday, June 18, 2016

E.V.O.O.....

Hello everyone: I'm a bit late posting this card, I had to check the filter of my 75 gal. marine tank, since I did a water change yesterday, it was making this weird noise so I got worried and had to disconnect it, open it to see what was the problem. It's fine now, one of the baskets where I put the filter media was not sitting well on the canister and it was vibrating when the water was circulating, thank goodness it wasn't anything more serious than that.
Anyway, I'm sure you guys are familiar with Rachel Ray and her famous way to abbreviate "Extra Virgin Olive Oil" right? well, I love this girl and her cooking show so I made this card with the gorgeous images from the new SU Tuscan Vineyard, the moment I saw it in the catalog, I knew it was going to be mine.  I'm linking this card to the Tuesday Morning Sketches #356.


I just love the old feel of this oil jars, so beautiful and charming. The olive branch is so detailed, I love this two images together. I stamped them onto Canson 140lb. water color paper with Stazon Dove Gray ink, I didn't want harsh lines showing, this ink is really perfect for this purpose. I colored the image with SU markers and the aqua painter and added a bit of shadows with Prismacolor pencils.  The frame is the negative left over from another project, I save this pieces because they really make beautiful frames. I sponged a little Baked Brown Sugar around both pieces and a little Antique Linen to the image panels. 
The pattern paper is from a discontinued line of one sided papers from Lili of the Valley, I'm lucky I grabbed a few pads before they were gone.  The golden corner die cut was made with the Corner Lace Deco Die set  from Cherry Lynn, the sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set called Magnolias.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.

The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set called Dreaming of Florence  and the frame around it is from another Flourishes set called "Country Charm Labels".

This is the sketch that inspired my card.


Other stamps I used.
MAGNOLIAS

DREAMING OF FLORENCE

COUNTRY CHARM LABELS

Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.






4 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely EVOO card. Those jars are awesome. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti Willey said...

Gorgeous images from Stampin' Up! Beautifully colored and shaded a great set to add to your other Tuscan stamps! The olive is so pretty your selection of papers and inks just perfect for your EVOO card!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Melissa, this stamp set is truly gorgeous.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I love this set, can't wait to use the other images, all of them are beautifully detailed.