Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A Belly Full of Chocolate.....

Hello everyone: Most of you who know me for a while know that I adore the House Mouse siblings, I just can't get enough of this 5 sweeties, who do all kind of mischief and find themselves in super adorable situations that just makes me wish they live with me.  A couple of my card swapping friends really don't like real mice and I suspect most people don't either but, I've seen this little critters outside my house, by the bushes or running across our drive way from the trees in the back yard to the ones by side of the garage, super cute.
Anywho, I discovered by pure accident, a House Mouse Challenge Blog  and I was so thrilled that I jump into action and made this card, which I'll also link to the The Corrosive Challenge "Nature and Animals" challenge and the Great Impressions challenge "Anything Goes".


I just love this little cutie, with it's belly so full it shines, LOL!! I stamped it onto Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter. I stamped the part of the icing onto a separate piece of water color paper, colored it with markers and Prismacolor pencils to achieve this rich chocolate color then, I fussy cut it to give it some dimension.
The pattern paper is from a retired line from Lili of the Valley, the sentiment is from my stash.
I've made a resolution about finishing all of my cards to save time when the time comes to mail them.


This sentiment and the cake are from a retired Flourishes set.
This challenge asks for the use of Chocolate and Cream colors. 



The Corrosive Challenge Blog!!

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




9 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Maria, you and your mice! I'll take the chocolate any day. Minus the mouse of course. In fact, I'm baking chocolate chip cookies while surfing the net. Another 'sweet' card.

Patti Willey said...

Busted. Guilty of enjoying a spoonful of peanut butter and a sprinkling of chocolate chips! {grin!} Can't really blame this mouse for indulging!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh yes, my friend, I adore this little mousies, the real ones too. Isn't it awesome to bake and surf at the same time? I mean the net, of course, LOL!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aha!! busted indeed!!! But so glad you are enjoying some peanut butter with chocolate my friend, I go through PB jars like crazy, it's one of my absolute guilty pleasures. Once I blended some chocolate Slim Fast with milk and 2 tablespoons of PB.....just delicious!!!

Birgit said...

I love the house mouse too! I have so few and would like more and make cards all brand new:) I love your card...super sweet and deep rich chocolate colour for the icing. This mouse knows what is delicious because nothing beats chocolate.

Unknown said...

I just love this yummy card and I'm so glad you found us over at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good luck!

Hugs,
Snoopy ​♥

Sue said...

This is such a fun image and card. Love how beautifully you have colored it up too. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Sentiment is perfect.

Hugs
Sue

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I absolutely love the image and your coloring! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month, and I hope you to see you next month.
Ruza ~ GI DTC
Ruza's Craft Corner

Haideelum said...

Hola, a mi no me gustan los ratones reales, pero estos sellos son una belleza¡ Muy linda tu tarjeta, los colores son hermosos. Aah y que bien que estas haciendo con tiempo tus tarjetas, seguro que quien la reciba será muy dichosa¡

Hello, I do not like the mice real, but these seals are a beauty¡ Very nice your card, the colors are beautiful. Aah and nice that you are doing with time your cards, sure that whoever receives will be very happy!
Thank you for participating with us in CORROSIVE CHALLENGE BLOG!
DT Haideé Corrosive Challenge Blog
haideelum.blogspot.mx