Followers

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Vintage Christmas.....

Hello everyone: The RETRO RUBBER challenge is back, this time it's a fabulous sketch that will spark your imagination and allow you to create something fabulous and join us in the gallery.  I think Sketches are up there in the favorite challenges category with the "Anything Goes" ones because you can really fill the spaces with anything you want, you can even turn the sketch on it's head and/or use it horizontally, it 's up to you so, come along and play with us, we can't wait to see what you create.
This is my inspiration card for you and, for even more inspiration, hop over my teammates' blogs to see the wonderful projects they made.

This image is truly Vintage, both in look and age. The stamp set was from Flourishes and it's called "Petals and Peace" and it was issued around November of 2012. 
I stamped this image onto a panel of Strathmore multi media paper with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed it, then I colored it with my SU markers and an aqua painter. The bells are colored with a gold gel pen. After I finished coloring it, I fussy cut it. I picked up the colors of the pattern paper to choose my card stock, I really love this one sided paper, I'm down to a few pieces so I think it's time to get some more.
The Sentiment is from another very old Flourishes set called "Sentimental Christmas" that dates way back in November of 2011.
I usually find out the age of my stamps by visiting Splitcoaststampers, if you know the name of your sets, this is a great place to find the first time they were used.
Another great way is through Pinterest browsing the name of the set you will find cards made with it and, by visiting the blogs of the creators of those cards, you can more or less, see the date when they were used. Remember that at Retro Rubber  one of the rules is for you to please tell us the age of your stamp sets, or at least, how long you've had them.
Here is the fabulous sketch for you to enjoy.
****************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley's Ponsettia that was issued for the first time back in 2014 and that is how long I've had it.
The little present on the corner is from another Power Poppy set called Merry Littles which contains a fabulous array of super sweet and cute little images to adorn the front or the inside of your Holiday cards, this is my go to set for finishing the inside.
I hope you like this card and join me and my fabulous teammates in our gallery. Please remember to read our rules, they are few but important, the two main ones are: 1.- the stamps you use MUST be at least one year old and 2.- you can only link up to a maximum of 10 challenges, including ours.
For even more amazing inspiration, hop over my teamies blogs and check out their awesome projects.
Thank you so much for stopping by, I always read every comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time,  happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


8 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a busy sketch, but you have mastered it! Gorgeous!

Claire Grantham said...

Maria, Beautifully coloured as always. Love the embossed backgrounds and all the little details. I am glad that my card gave you a laugh :) Claire

Debbie Mageed said...

Maria, this is such a beautiful vintage card! You always have a way of making of bringing out the best in each one. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

Mary Fish said...

Such an exquisite vintage look!

Katy McGloin said...

Lovely colors, exquisite details and textures equals one very lovely card, Maria. Love how you brought in the vintage feel. Well done, teammate!!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Maria! So beautiful! Your talent really shines on every card and it is such a joy to visit your blog! The colors are gorgeous and I love the papers you used especially the horizontal stripe! The image is really lovely and shines with the colors you used!

creative lady said...

Maria, your image is gorgeous! I love how you colored it and how you created your card using the sketch!

Christine Traversa said...

Sooo lovely and festive!! Super awesome card my friend!❤️❤️