Followers

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Olive and Oak Thanks.....

Hello everyone: When I saw this image over at the Power Poppy on line store, I immediately loved it but, it was a digi and, well.....I really like it better on a set so I patiently waited for Marcella to create a Photopolymer set with it and, when my patience was finally rewarded, I pounced on this gorgeous set called Olive and Oak.  As you can see, it needs nothing to look amazing, so I kept the design of my card simple, not clean mind you, just simple. I was tempted to add something like sequences or a bow but I decided to just let this lovely image speak for itself, all I added is a piece of ribbon that I bought the other day for $1.00 that happened to have the perfect colors for this card, hope you like it.


I stamped the image onto Strathmore Multi Media water color paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with SU markers, some ink refills and the aqua painter. I added some Baked Brown Sugar splatters with the retired SU set called "Gorgeous Grunge", I'm telling you, this set is the best to add really awesome details to your cards, the sentiment is from the same set.
*****************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment and the acorn image are from the set, the little frame from a retired Flourishes set called "Country Charm Labels".
I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.
Kitty Bee Designs Challenge #84 "Fall Colors"
Dragon's Lair Designs November Photo Inspiration Challenge, I went with the colors.

Creative Corner Challenges Team Mel "Thank You"
Fashionable Stamping Challenges Challenge #117 "Tis the Season" Autumn or Winter.
Come and Get It Challenges "Ribbon or Twine"
Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #79 "Thankful Heart"The Card Concept, I think my card falls into the "Classy and Elegant" category, at least I hope so. 
JustFfor Fun Rubber Stamps November Challenge "Give Thanks"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

16 comments:

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

WOW, this ist very beautiful. I like the card very much.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Greetings Carola

Julie Gearinger said...

This is gorgeous! Love your coloring of the beautiful Power Poppy image- perfect for our challenge :-) Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

Darnell said...

This should be the artwork on every calendar for the month of November, Maria! It is stunning!! Hugs, Darnell

Mary Fish said...

Spectacular for fall, Maria!

Leanne Harris said...

A beautiful card Maria, you've used some stunning colours, well done and good luck!
Leanne DT - Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Jeannie said...

Hi Maria! This is a gorgeous stamp and your coloring is just beautiful. I love the finished inside too. Thanks so much for joining my Thankful Heart Challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Patti Willey said...

Just discovered this post sitting in my email! Wow I'm glad to see Marcy made this oak in photopolymer! It's stunning and I love your splatter background! Can't believe you needed more ribbon!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Maria, this is gorgeous! I agree, I am more of a fan of regular stamps than digis, and it is fun that this stamp is available for you now as regular.

I like the simple design so that stamp takes center stage! Thanks for sharing with us over at Just for Fun! Hope to see you again!

Jasmina said...

Fabulous card Maria. Great coloring and design. Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It.

Creating with Susan said...

It's gorgeous! I love your coloring - you were right to let the image speak for itself.

brenda said...

What a pretty Autumnal creation for our current theme at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, many thanks for joining in.

B x

SewPaperPaint said...

Stunning coloring and card layout! This stamp was worth the wait and you've used it beautifully. Hugs, Autumn

Michele K. Henderson said...

Absolutely beautiful card! I love these fabulous fall colors and the design is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!
Take care!
Michele

Lilian said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the coloring!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Barbiedi said...

Beautiful card, love the colours, thanks for taking part in the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge.

Pippa said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Dragons Lair Designs Challenge. Pippa DLD DT