Followers

Friday, February 17, 2017

No Line Coloring #2.....

Hello everyone: Yesterday I made THIS CARD to enter the Power Poppy February Challenge, among others that I will list at the end of this post. In this challenge our host Cindy Lawrence from The Creative Closet is asking us to create our cards using the No Line Coloring Technique.
I've watched several videos about this technique, they seem easy but it's a bit tricky, well at least for me so, here I am, with my second attempt, let me know what you think.


This flowers are from a set called Countryside Bouquet Delux from Power Poppy. This images are gorgeous, perfect for Spring themed cards.  So I stamped only the flower heads from one of the stamps in the set with Tumbled Glass distress ink because I was going to color them blue with the same ink and an aqua painter, the stems were done with a SU marker in Wild Wasabi. I made a little mask of one of the front faced flowers to stamp the image a second time. The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set called "Tulips for Friends".  The grass is from a stamp by Art Impressions and the dots from a retired SU set called "Gorgeous Grunge"
****************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from the same retired Flourishes set.

I'm entering this card onto the following challenges.
Power Poppy "Power and Spark" February challenge "Say Yes to No Lines"

Crafting by Design "Polka Dots" challenge. I'm pushing the envelope with my "dots"

Addicted to Stamps and More "Clean and Simple"

The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #167 "No Red or Pink"
Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge BLUE.
Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges #14 "Flowering February"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my post, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.






9 comments:

Anne said...

What a pretty card Maria, I think it looks like you've nailed the 'no lines'. Like the splattered background too.
Thanks so much for joining this month's Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge
Anne

Mary Fish said...

Love the clean look and artful nature of this!

Bonnie said...

It's been so long since I've been able to visit and I have really enjoyed catching up on your beautiful creations and being inspired! Love these sweet little flowers! They remind me of forget-me-nots.

BożenA said...

I love the color blue. I really like this card and these extraordinary, beautiful blue flowers.
Thank you for sharing with us for Happy Little Stampers.
BozenA DT HLS

Nancy Dynes said...

Hi, Maria! I love your pretty blue flowers! Your card is fresh and clean, like a breath of fresh spring air. Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
Hugs,
Nancy

cm said...

A fabulous job on the no-line technique, which is something I haven't tried (epic mess likely to happen...)! Your blue blossoms make me smile! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM CAS gallery!
~carol

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely card. Such a lovely image and perfect for our Flowering in February challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. Thanks for playing along this month. Good luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Open-Minded Crafting Fun DT

Suzanne C said...

Sweet! Love your no line coloring it makes the flowers really shine! Thanks for playing along with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Out of the cold Challenge"!

cass said...

Gorgeous! Love this technique, sadly I find it really hard and rarely use it, thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "No Red or Pink" challenge.