Followers

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

So Sassy!!!!!


Hello everyone: I love Succulent plants but, for some reason, I haven't had any luck keeping them alive, I either water them to much or not at all, or they don't get enough sun or to much, which would be ok according to the directions on the pots so, maybe it's me 😕 so, I rely on stamped images to enjoy this sweet and beautiful little plants, like the ones on this card.


What do you think, eh? I would love to have this cuties on my window sill, that's for sure.  This image is from a Power Poppy stamp set called Sassy Succulents and they couldn't be more adorable.
I stamped the image onto a die cut panel of water color paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with SU markers and an empty Wink of Stella brush, that I opened and filled with water, (I'm going to show you some pictures of this process soon)  I'm going to link this card to a few challenges at the end of this post and one of them is the Power Poppy June Challenge "Go Ahead.....Bug Me!", one of the other challenges is the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge with a theme of "Succulents".  
Anywho, I wanted to use this images but I needed a BUG so, I thought and thought and then I recalled an old and sweet Stampin' Up! set called A Flower For All Seasons and there, on the image with the Sun Flowers, there is a teeny, tiny Lady Bug that totally and perfectly fits for this card, I truly hope this is ok with the Power Poppy Challenge.
So, after I colored the Succulents, I very carefully and using my MISTI and a black marker, I stamped this little bug on my Succulents, ohh!! I'm so super happy about the way it turned out.
The pattern papers are from a discontinued line from Lili of the Valley.
***********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Both the sentiment and the image are from the same set.

Here are the challenges I'm linking my card to.

Power Poppy June Challenge "Go Ahead.....Bug Me!"


Use Your Stuff Challenge #266 "Pattern Papers"
Lemon Shortbread Challenge #43 "Anything Goes"
Crafting From The Heart Challenge #162 "Anything Goes"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


10 comments:

missgailly said...

Love your succulent card. I too have problems keeping the real ones alive. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Patti Willey said...

Precious little plants! They're all the rage but I've never added them to my garden outside. Luckily we have pretty Power Poppy to color them anytime!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is darling. I definitely don't have a green thumb... I can't seem to keep anything but a lucky bamboo alive.

Chris C said...

Beautiful stamping and coloring!! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Leigh Penner said...

Great take on the inspiration photo!

Lori said...

This is such a cute card! Love the stamps that you used - they are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Use Your Stuff! -Lori DT

Leslie Miller said...

Ack, Maria! Those ladybugs are so cute crawling all over your succulents! I think it's perfect for the Power Poppy challenge, and very creative. Love the polka dot paper with it, too.

Mary Fish said...

Sweet and adorable succulents!

Julie Koerber said...

Oh Maria, I just adore this whimsical card! Those little lady bugs are the perfect touch on your card! This card just makes me SMILE!

Stacy Morgan said...

It looks like a present with the way you showcased these, very fun and so cute. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark June Bug challenge this month.