Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Mojo Monday Challenge #408.....

Hello again: I'm back with another card, like I said, I think I'm in a roll here, making a lot of cards but, if you love stamping and coloring like I do, you'd understand why I've been in my craft room so much, besides, the challenges are just simply irresistible.
I made this card for Mojo Monday #408   , it's a bit wider and shorter than the measurements suggested so I hope it's ok.  Here is my card.
This image is from a stamp set called Persian Motifs    by Altenew, and it's really so beautiful. I saw THIS   video from Jennifer McGuire some time ago and bought it immediately, I just fell in love with this images, she stamped them with Versa Mark and heat embossed them with WOW Silver Pearl embossing powder to give the lines that lovely, pearlescent look, then, she colored them with Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi  water colors, (which I do not have, but that's ok, I love my SU Markers).  I watched the video several times and then, I stamped the image, heat embossed it and colored it.  Here is a close up of the flowers and the embossing powder, I hope it shows.

It's so pretty in the real.  One of  the great thing about heat embossing to water color is that the embossing powder acts like a little barrier for your inks, they don't go all over, they stay inside the section you are working on.  One thing though, Jennifer said that you should alternate the areas you are coloring just so the inks wont bleed to the next section, I kind of messed up a little while coloring the big flower but, like I said, water color is very forgiving so, I just grabbed a piece of paper towel and wipe the petal clean. Here is another close up image, I think in this one you can appreciate the lines better.
I hope you like this card, please let me know in your comments. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. As always, I used my SU markers and the Aqua Painter.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, it's a thrill for me to share with you some of what I love to do. Reading your comments truly makes me happy.
Till next time, keep on stamping.  Hugs.
Maria.
 
Paper: Canson 140lb. watercolor paper, Elegant Egg Plant, DSP from my stash.
Inks: Versamark , SU Markers in Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi. SU ink pad in Costal Cabana.
Stamps: Altenew Persian Motifs. Sentiment, retired Flourishes.
Tools: Heat Gun, WOW Silver Pearl embossing powder.

9 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Bam! Maria this is Amazing! I'm thankful you sent me a few swatches of this beautiful image to practice my watercoloring! You knocked this out of the park! Wow!

Lisa said...

Maria your talent is truly amazing! Each time you post it's like Christmas time. You're giving each and every one of us a special present. You are certainly on a roll and I love seeing each and everyone of your cards.

Sonny said...

So pretty ! The color is beautiful and the flower is so delicate . I am sure it is even more outstanding holding it .Truly a frame worthy creation !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

You are so welcome my friend, I'm sure you will enjoy this images as much as I did. Can't wait to see what you create with them.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, I'm having so much fun with the challenges, I think this is what I needed to give my MOJO a little push. Each challenge is unique and gives me the chance to step out of my comfort zone.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Sonny, it is really prettier in person, this images really are gorgeous and fun to color.

Mary Fish said...

The touch of embossing is so glamorous! Beautiful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How beautiful! Those flowers are just breathtaking. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Julee, it's always so much fun to participate.