Followers

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Old Fashioned Florals for Freshly Made Sketches.....

Hello everyone: I've been busy with the grandkids this Summer, but I still try to steal a bit of time for making cards to participate on several challenges. This time it's for Freshly Made Sketches with a really awesome sketch by Kim Singdahlsen. This is the card I made.
This pretty ovals are from a retired Flourishes stamp set called "Old Fashioned Florals", I stamped the images with Stazon Jet Black ink onto Canson water color paper and colored them with SU markers and the aqua painter, my favorite way to add color to my images.
I die cut them with Spellbinders Oval Regalia dies , embossed a piece of Strawberry Slush card stock with the Filigree Frame embossing folder (retired) and arranged them according to Kim's fantastic sketch, I added one of the small butterflies from SU Papillon Potpourri , I think it looks so sweet flying out of this pretty floral frames.
I hope you like this card, as always, I welcome and appreciate your comments and questions.
Have a great weekend, enjoy the heat, my friends. Up here in NW Indiana, we actually only have the rest of July, August and maybe September of warm temperatures, I just hope this year's Winter will be a bit kinder to us.
Many hugs.
Maria.

Paper: Canson 140lb. SU Strawberry Slush.
Inks: Stazon Jet Black, SU write markers in Old Olive, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry and Elegant Egg Plant.
Tools: Filigree Frame, Aqua Painter.
 

13 comments:

Sonny said...

That little butterfly looks right at home with these pretty flowers. The frames are just perfect with this card and your vintage look.
A good choice for Kim`s sketch .

Lynn Hoyt said...

The ovals are absolutely darling! You left me such a lovely comment I had to come and check out your site. What wonderful cards, and some challenges I hadn't heard of as well.

ChristineCreations said...

So pretty and delicate feeling, and what a perfect die to cut them as well...so lovely Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, the little butterfly really looks sweet and this die frame was exactly the size and shape for this pretty pictures.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Lynn, I'm so happy you stopped by, I hope you come again. I'm so glad I helped you find out about other challenges and I hope you participate in them, they are loads of fun.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Christine and thank you for stopping by. This little floral images were just perfect for the die, or should I say the die was perfect for them? In any case, I love this set, as a matter of fact, I bought it from you so, thank you for offering it.
Hugs.
PS. We've been loving Marcella's images forever, don't you think?

Patti Willey said...

I'm blow
Away at these beautiful oval florals so beautifully framed in that Spellbonder die! We must get you comfortable with new color mediums since you're so gifted with coloring!

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a pretty card! I love how you colored the flowers! So beautiful! Great take on the sketch! :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I was so happy the images fit so perfectly on this die, like it was made for them. As far as color mediums, I think the only one I haven't tried much is alcohol markers.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jill, this sketch was just perfect for this images, I was so happy that they fit on the die just right. Water coloring them was fast since they are so small.
Thanks for visiting.

Mary Fish said...

soft and pretty!

Jen Timko said...

Isn't this lovely! Your images are so wonderful for the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

Such beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!