Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2016

EMBOSSING FOLDER STAMPING!!!!!

Hello Everyone: Well, besides the loads of fun I've been having since I started this little blog of mine a little over a year ago and the fabulous, supportive, sweet, encouraging, patient and talented friends I've met along the way, I've been learning TONS of new stuff, from how to play with DSP, to new ways to color my stamped images, to how to upload a picture and write a blog post and now, I've learned how to STAMP WITH EMBOSSING FOLDERS!!!!! I've never heard of anything like this, I know you can ink up an embossing folder and then run it through the Big Shot to get a colored impression but this is totally different, so here is the card I made for the Happy Little Stampers  challenge using this fantastic technique.

I used THIS embossing folder by The Paper Studio and I inked the raised side with SU Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango and Old Olive ink pads then I sprayed it with water, placed my panel of Canson water color paper and close the folder, then I just gently applied some pressure to help the ink along, the result was this fantastic background, I just love it!!!
The Happy Little Stampers challenge page has some really great videos showing this technique, you can see one of them HERE , I guess any embossing folder would work but I've only tested this one, I'm going to do this technique with other folders to see which ones work best.
My focal image is from the beautiful and sadly retired SU set called "Secret Garden", I stamped it onto Canson water color paper and colored it with the aqua painter and Rich Razzleberry marker, then I added some texture and high lights with Prismacolor pencils #995, #933 and white. 
The leaves are die cut with the Secret Garden die set and then I stamped the leaf of the Peaceful Petals stamp set to add the lines. The frame is from Spellbinders, the sentiment is from the same set, stamped in Rich Razzleberry and punched with the SU Postage Stamp punch (retired).
Here is a close up picture.


See this "Enamel Dot"? I made it myself, there is a bunch of videos on Utube showing how to make them, HERE is just the one I watched. It's a bit time consuming but in the end, fun non the less.
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


The sentiment is from the retired SU Whimsical Words stamp set, stamped in Rich Razzleberry, the flower is another image from the Secret Garden set.
Here is the banner that inspired this card.

I hope my card is CAS enough for this challenge, I did follow the theme and I kept the embellishment to just that little purple dot.
Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
I hope you give this challenge a try, it's really fun doing this technique.
Hugs from Maria.




14 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Embossing folder stamping! Very cool! Would get more use that way, I havne't pulled one out to texture paper in so long! colors look so vibrant it's just beautiful!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, I love that the design of the folder still shows and each one you create looks completely different. I really liked this technique.

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Shut the front door! I've heard of using the brayer, but this is stunning! I love the results. I'm going to check this out. I know...I need to enter challenges. (sigh).... I'm getting there. LOL Hugs Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bobbi, it's so nice of you to stop by. I know, I was blown away by this technique and it's so easy, love it!!!
And yes, yes, you need to enter challenges, if only to have a good stash of beautiful cards ready to go. If you enter a couple of challenges a week, just do the math.

Sonny said...

I have seen this technique ,but have not tried it . It really looks like fun to do . Your card is pretty and colorful and it was not a big deal to do ....yay ! Oh , I have some of those candy dots that I did myself too (as you know ) Love them !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, I hope you try this technique, the sky is the limit when it comes to embossing folders, there is so many beautiful designs out there. Give this a try.

Bonnie said...

I love how you got all these soft colors, Maria! I need to give this a try.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Bonnie, this is easier than it looks and each panel you make, will look totally different but just as beautiful. I hope you do give this a try.

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Maria! Your embossed water-colored panel is spectacular! Know what? I have that same e.f. and I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for your kindness today at my blog ... the die you've asked about is one from a set by SSS that cuts both the panel and YES that gorgeous little teensy one, too!https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?
id=304082
=]

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fabulous colored background! Totally amazing card. Thank you for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you so much Michele, for your sweet comment and the information about that delicate die, it's just so beautiful.
I've tried this technique with other embossing folders but I found out, the ones with more open areas work best for the water color to make a good impression.
I hope you have fun giving this technique a try.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Valentyna, I really liked how this background looks.

BożenA said...

Beautiful card and colors. Thank you for sharing with HLS CAS Challenge.
Regards,
BozenA DT HLS

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Bozena, this was a very fun challenge to play with.