Followers

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Homemade Jam.....

Hello everyone: I like to combine challenges with my cards whenever possible and today the Mojo Monday has a beautiful sketch by Julee Tilman and the Alphabet Challenge Blog is on the letter "F" for Furry Friends so I made this cute card with another stamp set from Penny Black with little mice that I love, this one is called Homemade, here is my card.

I stamped the image onto Canson water color paper and colored it with SU markers, the aqua painter and a bit of my Prismacolor pencils, the pattern paper is from my stash. The die cut corner decoration is from Cherry Lynn and it's from a set called "Lace Corner Deco Dies", really pretty and they cut beautifully, the sentiment is from the Penny Black set.
I added a bit of gold foil paper just for fun.
Here is a picture of the finish inside.


The sentiment and the strawberry are from a Flourishes set called simply "Strawberries".
Here are the banners that inspired my card.



Alphabet Challenge Blog
"F" is for Furry Friends.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

6 comments:

Patti Willey said...

That's a great card sketch and I live your little country mouse! Perfect scene with this patterned paper what a darling card!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I'm a sucker for mice images and this cuties from Penny Black are irresistible.
The Gingham pattern paper spells Country loud and clear.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Maria, I could not find an email for you- so I just gonna write this in the comments - first of all thank for your comment - I am so flattered! Love your cute mouse card!!!
About the smooshing - I took a piece of acetate and stamped distress ink onto it. I then spritzed it with water and put it onto the watercolor paper. I think I only used two colors - mustard seed and probably (not sure anymore) picked raspberry. I started with mustard seed on top left and did the raspberry bottom right. In the middle the colors mix. Make sure to not use too much water - you will end up with a big slushy puddle. If you used too little water - no problem, just spritz again and reapply. When you have the acetate on your paper, you can also use your finger to move the color around where you want it. If you are not happy - let the paper dry and add more color the same way - you get those layers that way. By the way - I did heat emboss the daisies first. Hope this helps =- happy smooshing!

Mimi said...

This is adorable! I know how the full mouse feels!

Lori said...

Aww, this is just too sweet! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria. You have been busy. I actually came over from Cacology to comment on your beautiful card there but I cant see the post. the link comes up saying 'sorry this page not available'. thought I better let you know