Followers

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Heartless Romance.....

Hello everyone: Catchy title, eh? LOL!! The reason for it is that, over at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we want you to make Romantic Cards but without using hearts.  I fought the urge to add some hearts to my card but, after it was done, I'm glad I didn't because, even without hearts, this card is so romantic and sweet, well.....I think so.  Here it is, hope you like it and get inspired to join my teammates and me at the SHOPPING OUR STASH gallery.


Well, what do you think? this sweet little mice from the set HUGS by Penny Black, say it all without a word, I just love this image.
I stamped it onto a die cut panel with Stazon black ink and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter, I stamped the little flower umbrella on a separate piece of paper, colored it and fussy cut it, curling the edges a little to give it some dimension then, using a glue dot, I placed it on top of the stamped image. I sponged Tumbled Glass Distress Ink for the sky and just a hint of Old Olive for the grass.
I wanted a border but the next die up was to big so I grabbed a doily and cut out the center, then, cut it to make a long strip which I glued to the back gathering it a bit as I went around. 
The pattern paper is from my treasured, one sided stash from Lili of the Valley, the ribbon from my bottomless drawer and the sentiment was found in a box where I put sentiments when I change my mind. I added a few Rhine Stones for a bit of bling.
*****************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment and the little flowers are from an old Flourishes set called "Picking Wild Flowers"

I hope you find some time to play along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, for more inspiration, go and visit my teammates blogs to see their fabulous cards.

I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.
Dragonfly Journeys Challenge#85 "Love is in the Air"
Come and Get It Challeges "Love is in the Air"
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #141 "Love"
Glitter "N" Sparkle Challenge #226 "Love is in the Air"
Stamping Sensations February Challenge "Animal Magic" (must contain animals)

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



19 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Gee yes it's darling! Sonia the inside you sure have a great stash of stamps for every occasion! Love the textures and layers here the CAS people can just Look Away!

creationsnz said...

A great non-heart romance card, and creative use of doily. So glad you joined us at Come And Get It, CarolG

Barbara Godden said...

Perfect image for a heartless card, awesome use of the doily and great design.

lauren bergold said...

hehehe... yes, i think we all "fought the urge" to add some hearts; or rather, i found that hearts were trying to sneak in, lol! but i agree that by NOT using them the cards we've made this week are that much more thoughtful and interesting. & in this case, beautiful and adorable!!! <3

Donna said...

Lovely card Maria! The colours are so pretty and soft and those wee mice...adorable!
Fantastic take on the challenge!
Happy day of hearts!

Chris Dring said...

This is just too stinkin adorable!! LOVE those sweet mice and your coloring is perfection!

Mary Fish said...

Totally romantic!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so sweet! Super cute image and I love the doily!

brenda said...

A beautiful creation with the sweet PB image and perfect for our Animal Magic theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining us.

B x

Aileen said...

Maria I love these little mice, so cute and they certainly send the message of love.beautifully coloured as usual.

Marlies said...

A beautiful card and those little mice are adorable! The inside looks very elegant too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations and also at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Ina G said...

Love the doily touch. Super cute card and great layout and colours.

Joan said...

Lovely card with such a cute image and I love the doily layer too

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Mimi said...

Miss Maria, this is certainly sweet and romantic, no hearts necessary! Excellent coloring, and your palette is so warm and romantic also. And... you gotta share a pic of your bottomless ribbon drawer! When you open it, does light shine out and angels go "ahhhhhh..."? 😇🎶

Chana Malkah said...

Maria, this is just too cute for words. Beautifully executed and a pefect take on the challenge theme!
Hugz,
Chana

Jeannie said...

Hi Maria! They are such a sweet little couple, I love the embossed background that looks like chocolate, and the inside sentiment makes my heart melt. Thanks so much for joining my Love is in the Air blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Hi Maria, what a great design for a "heartless romance-card" hihi, I love your title too. Those sweet little mice are so cute and the sentiment is so beautiful.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Sybrina K said...

Maria, This is just as sweet as sweet can be, and your little mice couple couldn't be more in love! What a great interpretation of the SOS heartless theme. :)

Alma said...

Wow your cute mice are so lovely. Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to stamps challenge Alma