Followers

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

No Line Coloring.....Attempt #1.....

Hello everyone: Well, there are a few things that kind of intimidate me a little in the world of card making, some are technical like, I have NO EARTHLY CLUE as how to use the Permalink thingy so my dear and ever so patient friends at my DT. challenge blogs, help me linking my card post to the challenge. I've tried, believe me, still the darn thing doesn't want to work for me, I'll keep trying though, I'm not one to give up easily.
Now, the other thing is the NO LINE COLORING technique.....Now, this is hard, I'm used to coloring my images knowing there is a dark line for me to follow but, in the "No Line Technique", the stamped image must be very, very faint, you shouldn't be able to actually see it so then, you can go with your markers or pencils and color it.
The fabulous Power Poppy Challenge Blog has a challenge for the month of February, Cindy Lawrence from The Creative Closet is the host and they ask us to create our cards using this technique so, after a few failed attempts, here is my first card, hope you like it.


I did struggle with this card, not only with coloring the actual image but with the layout too. I wanted some contrast with the soft colors of this flower so I chose this pattern paper from Lili of the Valley and die cut the left upper corner with a die from Tim Holts.
The image is from a Power Poppy set called Simply Camelias, which happens to be on sale now! I stamped the image onto a panel of Strathmore mixed media paper with Spun Sugar distress ink and colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and paper stumps dipped lightly in baby oil.
The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set and the butterfly from Stampin' Up! "Papillion Potpourri" also colored with Prismacolor pencils.
*********************************************************************
 This is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set, the rest is from a retired Stampin' Up! set called "Kindness Matters"
So there, my first attempt at No Line Coloring, I'm going to keep trying because I really want to do it better and besides, if you enter this challenge over at Power Poppy and your card is randomly chosen, you win a brand new set from Marcella Hawley, now..... what better incentive than this?

I'm entering this card onto the following challenges.
Power Poppy "Say yes to No Lines" Use the "No Lines" coloring technique.

Ike's World Challenges #82 "Anything Goes" with an optional twist "Nature"
Lemon Shortbread Challenge #35 Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



8 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Looks pretty darn good for your first attempt! I love the glass dish! (Checking my spelling as I go Lol) add it to the stash of finished cards!

Sall said...

Absolutely incredible. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Aileen said...

Your card is beautiful Maria and for a first attempt you have done brilliantly. Sometimes I like no line others not so much. It can often depend on the image. I have also found its gelpful to stamp the image in black on a small piece of paper to have beside you as you colour so you can see the exact lines and not have to guess. I often do that now. But as ai said beautiful card and I look forward to seeing more.

ike said...

A fabulous card and a superb first try with the no lines colouring. I think you definitely cracked this one :-)
Sorry about your permalink woes... I know it can be a nightmare xx
Thank you for playing along at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Mary Fish said...

love the no line coloring . . . very artsy!

Unknown said...

Lovely no line colouring
Thanks for joining Ikes world challenge
Lynne

Susan Renshaw said...

Great first try at no line colouring! Well done!
Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Susan
DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Pat said...

Awesome and brave! I'll have to try this technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Ike's World Challenge Blog.