Followers

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Peaceful Chickadee.....

Hello everyone: The SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge has a new one for you to have fun with, this time our theme is "Put a Bird on It", any bird so go and search your stash and come and join my teammates and I in our gallery, here is my inspiration card for you.


I had this cute little chickadee in my box of unused Holiday stamps, I think I bought it last September and never even ink it up once, which is a shame because this image is beautiful.
I stamped it on a piece of Blick Drawing paper which I love because it can take water coloring as well as Prismacolors, blending each of this mediums beautifully.
I just used black and brown inks and use my pencils for the shadows.  The berries are colored with SU Cherry Cobbler, my favorite shade of red, the PEACE word is inked in Old Olive.
I added a bit of white acrylic paint to the snow on the branch and the berries and then, sprinkled a bit of very fine iridescent glitter from Martha Stewart.
The ribbon is from my stash, I found the snowflake in my box of left over die cuts.

************************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is stamped with SU Delicate Details, the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Ponsettia and the little branch in the corner from another Power Poppy set called Merry Littles.

I hope you stop by the SHOPPING OUR STASH blog and play along. For more inspiration check out my teammates beautiful creations.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Maria, you have outdone yourself! Gorgeous image, perfect coloring, the snow on the branch is a touch of genius, the ribbon matches your berries exactly, and the sentiments are wonderful. Well done!

Barbara Godden said...

Wow this is awesome and I can't say much more than Mimi said. That bird is fabulous and your colouring is beautiful. Fantastic card.

lauren bergold said...

i agree with m'colleagues: this is the textbook definition of a beautiful... and beautifully made... card! yowza! ♥

Leslie Miller said...

It surely is a beautiful stamp. One of my favorites, and you made a really lovely card with it. I love all the white space with just that soft blue sky in the background. Such a pretty ribbon treatment with the snowflake. Looks like an easy card to mail, which is definitely nice for Christmas cards. Love the inside, too. That loopy border is so cute!

Brian King said...

So beautiful, Maria! <3

Mary Fish said...

Love how crisp the red and white looks. Sweet details inside!

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my goodness. I love this birdie! The way you gathered the ribbon at the snowflake makes the whole card look so elegant. Great job.